Terry J. Stevinson Research Fellowship
The current fellowship positions are filled but please submit your resume if you would like to be considered for the future.
This fellowship was established in honor of Terry J. Stevinson, a founding board member of Common Sense Policy Roundtable (CSPR). Thanks to Mr. Stevinson’s continuing dedication to free enterprise these fellowships have been named in his honor.
This Fellowship calls for awarding a stipend of $12,500 each, to two individuals with different political perspectives to research key public policy issues facing the state of Colorado. Fellows will be responsible for working together on developing solution(s) on the research topic chosen, with a strong emphasis on understanding the full economic and fiscal ramifications of policy choices.
- Background research into issues on the CSPR agenda
- Data assembly necessary to run macroeconomic simulation models
- Support writing of reports
- Preparation of formatted presentations
- Critical thinker – Make logical arguments regarding impacts of policy changes
- Problem solver –Explore creative solutions to data roadblocks?
- Good communicator – Ability to articulate the crucial points needed to understand the impacts of the policy change
- Team oriented – Enjoy working closely with others, sharing information and insights
- Background study in area of economics and/or public policy – REQUIRED.
- Understanding of state budget issues and public policy process – REQUIRED.
- Former elected official in State of Colorado – PREFERRED
- Develop white paper(s) with solution(s) to big policy issue.
- Meet as necessary in person with CSPR Staff and other Fellow.
- Be available for calls as needed.
- Delivery monthly status report on project to CSPR staff.
- Delivery of outline or concept paper one month after start date.
- Project completion 6-8 months after awarded Fellowship.
- Listing on CSPR website.
- Development and placement of Op-Ed on topic.
- Joint PR/Press campaign upon release of paper.
- Joint appearance at event upon release of paper.
- For best consideration, please submit your application materials as soon as possible.
- If interested in applying, please email Chris Brown, Director of Policy & Research at Chris@csprco.org.